Why isn't the Cistern Filling?
1. Check any isolating valves to the toilet water supply havent been closed.
2. Check the main stopcock hasnt been shut off.
3. Check the float on your fill valve isnt jammed, stopping it from dropping when flushed.
4. Check the adjustement on the fill valve for the float, ensure it is set high enough to allow the valve to open.
5. If you have an old ball valve, raise and lower the arm to the float, if no water comes out when it is lifted, the valve could be siezed.
If these checks do not remedy the problem, it is likely you have a fault and need to replace your fill valve completely.
Did you know?
The Environment Agency has developed a methodology for identifying and classifying relative levels of water stress in water company areas in England. The Government has used this map to designate areas of serious water stress for the purpose of accelerating water metering.